Sunday, October 28, 2007

Banned from Hot Air

AllahPundit has banned me from Hot Air. I assume it was for the following comment.

Krydor and others - Yes, you finally broke my spirit. I confess. I’m a die-hard fascist from way back. Each morning my wife and I bow in our Shinto shrine and pray for the eternal health of the Emperor.

I get it. You are better than me because you think that Griffin a really, really, really bad man, just as bad as Khomeini; that the BNP is equal to Hizb ut Tahir or Hamas; that the 4th largest party in Britain is truly a collection of sinister gangsters waiting for the right moment to violently overthrow Her Majesty’s Government.

Clearly I’m unworthy to engage in this discussion with my moral superiors. My most abject apologies for polluting your pristine discourse with my filth and pro-fascist propaganda. I’d have more to say but I have to go polish my Oswald Mosley statuettes.

Thomas the Wraith on October 28, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Clearly my sarcasm was not appreciated.

Update: AllahPundit kindly responded to my email. Apparently I am considered an apologist for the BNP despite my expressed statement to the contrary. So it goes.

In condemning the BNP AllahPundit relies heavily on some quotes from Griffin provided by a commenter. Note this one:
“Muslims gang rape women in Norway and other cultures. Only Muslims do this,” Griffin said.
While bigoted, this is not racist. Some may consider this splitting hairs but I think it's important to maintain the distinction between racism and religious or other forms of bigotry. (I know, you're thinking that of course I would say this since I'm a religious bigot. )
“You seek to deny the white people of the world the right to collect in their own community and self determinations; then you are a racist,” Griffin said.
This is repugnant in an American context but in England, this is more complicated. The US allows indigenous peoples to gather together separated from the rest of society. We call these Tribal Reservations and few seriously accuse these Indian tribes of being racists. The English are an ethnic group. They deserve to be recognized as such in their own homeland.

I'm certain that Nick Griffin is a thoroughly repellent individual. As a white man married to a Japanese woman I'm sure he would spit on me as a cowardly race-mixer. If he were an American I would condemn him in the harshest possible terms. But he's an English politician in England advocating for his own people and culture in their own land. I don't want to have dinner with the man. But branding him as a racist and a super-duper-mega bad man is moral posing and an exercise in self-righteousness. It does nothing to help us understand why the BNP is more popular every year or the social and political dynamics that cause ordinary Brits to join that party.

But it makes us feel good and in an American context this is all that matters, right? Yeah team.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Thinker said...

What Allahpundit did was show that even on the blogs, political correctness still holds sway. As I said in one of my posts, even in the so-called conservative blogs, a certain intolerance for anything they deem to be racist is evident, kowtowing to same mindset against which they are supposed to, have have, railed.

Why? Because they are afraid. They are afraid of the Left media machine, the same leftists they always attack as being unhinged, to use Malkin's expression, will attack them simply for the comments on the board, even though the comment board already has a disclaimer disassociating themselves from any comment.

Not good enough. They feel they need to take it further to give themselves more insulation, more protection from their enemies, which are also our enemies. So what they do, is they perform a sacrifice, they sacrifice some of their own, to appease the politically correct Gods, to ensure a plentiful harvest next year.

Craven.

Blogs like hotair are a business more than they are any source for "alternative viewpoint", as they are often billed. Malkin has a business, and she worries about the Left putting too much heat on her.

So she let Allahpundit, who, by the way, is not a pundit on islam, has never studied islam in any way, or as far as anyone knows, any other subject, to ban certain people who expressed themselves so eloquently that they could not be banned for any real, traditional reason.

So they banned several people simply for the George Orwellian crime of "being an apologist" for someone they don't like.

So yes, we were sold out for reasons having to do with business and political correctness. What happens is that by pruning the membership for political views, they can cultivate a membership that stays within its own ideological camp. That is not what such alternative blogs advertise in their brochure. They bill themselves as a place where alternative views to the MSM can be heard. As long as you remain civil, you can post. But, no, that is not he case. As long as you tow their line, you can post. In the end, the censorship of the political discourse that they correctly blame the MSM for, is also evident in their management as well.

But then again, a site that nominates a libertarian atheist to be the main moderator, is a site that already has any right wing credentials in question.

10:46 AM  
Blogger PRCalDude said...

Don't worry Thomas! I'm a virulent anti-semite along with you!
/sarc
I'm a Holocaust denier for mildly suggesting the BNP had cleaned up it's absurd antisemitism.

7:11 PM  
Blogger ZionistYoungster said...

Thinker,

"In the end, the censorship of the political discourse that they correctly blame the MSM for, is also evident in their management as well."

Which is why I left LGF. I got carried away with their "We're washing our hands off the Neo-Nazis" wind for the first few days, but then the thought came to me that you can't bask in your purity while you delete posts merely because they offend your feelings. The discovery that the very discussion of deportation was banned from LGF was the last straw as far as I was concerned.

LGF serves as a newswire and debunker of MSM fraud and underhanded bias. For a venue for discussion of operative, real-life steps against Islamization (and other threats to national sovereignty), you have to go elsewhere.

God bless.
ZY

9:24 AM  
Blogger Pastorius said...

Hi Thomas,
You say: The US allows indigenous peoples to gather together separated from the rest of society. We call these Tribal Reservations and few seriously accuse these Indian tribes of being racists. The English are an ethnic group. They deserve to be recognized as such in their own homeland.



I say: Doesn't that make you a multiculturalist?

I mean, why should American Indians live on their own refusing to mix with other races?

Obviously, I can not dictate to anyone who they ought to mix with, nor do I want to do so.

However, it was our government which dictated that American Indians would be given this land, and that policy was a result of racism on both sides.

This whole subject is making me a bigot against indigenous people. Honestly, I'm getting tired of people who keep arguing for the integrity of their indigenous culture.

For God's sake, if we would always have listened to such people, we'd still be living in caves.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home