Friday, February 03, 2006

Simple and Stupid

Earlier today "Sarah Mohamed" left this comment to Crybaby Muhammad.
Simple minds are entertained by simple things but this has crossed the border of stupidity. I feel sorry for whoever is entertained by this.
I'm the first to say that my cartoons are stupid and simple. The drawings are crude. The satire is heavy-handed and obvious. I'm not an artist. No argument there, "Sarah".

The point of this debate isn't my lack of artistic or satirical skills. The point is that in 20 minutes I can draw a simple, silly, stupid image at my kitchen table with a box of colored pencils I bought at Target, scan it into my computer, post it to my blog and within minutes complete strangers from the other side of the earth have found my images and been offended enough to send me a threatening email.

Yes, my cartoons are sophmoric and offensive. The point of this debate isn't whether I am trying to offend people (I am) but that people are so easily offended. So, "Sarah Mohamed" we are just two different people. I make drawings for my own amusement and posts them to my obscure little blog. You spend your free time searching the Internet for images you knows will offend you.

My hobby is drawing simple and stupid cartoons. Your hobby is being offended. Now remind me again, who is being simple and stupid?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

+ and ++

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Nad said...

Yeah..u and ur hobby both are stupid. Intelligent people wont do anything that's basically useless like wasting his or her time drawing insensitive thing. Showing what a chauvinist u r thomas.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mrs JKP said...

Accept it - deal with it [ in a non violent manner Thank You - ] & get over it !!

Oh & by the way -- Laugh.It is good for you!

Mrs JKP. AUSTRALIA.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My hobby is drawing simple and stupid cartoons. Your hobby is being offended. Now remind me again, who is being simple and stupid?"

You are! No..., you are! Aww, no, you are!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous nad said...

haha..
so funny..being stupid again as usual thomas.

u just wait..ur punishment is just around the corner dude :-) see who's being stupid or not at the end of d day

2:14 AM  
Blogger hypershock said...

the reason Mohammed said not to draw pictures/create statues of himself was so that people wouldn't worship him instead of Allah. being a non-muslim, worshiping Mohammed shouldn't be a problem to you, therefore drawing silly pictures is justified.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home