Monday, January 30, 2006

Petition Against Free Speech but for Irony

A commenter left the link to this petition: "Defend Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) Against the Danish News Agency Jyllands-Posten's Heinous Aggression." I signed it with comments indicating that I supported the right of the cartoonists and the newspaper and thought the petition itself was nonsense.

Then I got an email confirming my signature. That email contained the name and email address of the tool who created the petition. It is one A Kutbi. You can reach this individual at kutbia@gmail.com. Do with that information what you will.

The ironies abound. This was at the bottom of my confirmation email. "Please contribute $1.00 or more and help maintain PetitionOnline.com asa premiere free speech forum." Get it? A free speech forum with a petition against free speech. This is what we have come to.

I wonder if A Kutbi will appreciate the irony.

5 Comments:

Anonymous eteraz said...

i do not like muslims who try to subvert western freedoms to their own use. reminds me of leftists and also of rightist assholes.

btw, does anyone have a link to the 12 caricatures?

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

scroll down to Jyllandsposten..

Thanks for all your support.

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that nobody, and I mean nobody should apologize for these cartoons because no Islamist ever apologized for their stupid murderous behaviors from their fanatical peers.

Yeah right, Allah wants death to everyone who is in the Western way of life. Allah wants Muslims to commit suicide even it's children doing the murders. Yup, sign me up as a Muslim. Idiots.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AFTER THE UPROAR ABOUT THE CARTOONS, JUST HAD TO TRY AND FIND THEM ON THE INTERNET, WAS SUCCESSFUL. WHAT OFFENDS ME, IS THE FACT THAT DECENT MUSLIMS SEEM TO WANT TO REMAIN POWERLESS AND WILL NOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE SO CALLED JIHADISTS WHO ARE DISRESPECTING THEIR RELIGION AND BASICALLY GIVING IT A BAD REP - BESIDES I DO BELIEVE IN A HIGHER ENTITY, WHICH COULD BE ALLAH, CHRIST, BUDDHA ETC, BUT I THINK ALLAH IS NO LONGER A SERIOUS CONTENDER, THERE IS NO WAY I AM ABOUT TO BELIEVE THAT A CREDIBLE GOD WOULD HAVE VIRGINS WAITING FOR THE MALE OF THE SPECIES IN THE AFTER LIFE, COME ON - I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY WESTERN WOMEN PARTICULARLY, WOULD WANT TO SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO THIS TYPE OF HUMILIATION BY CONVERTING TO ISLAM, BUT THERE DOES SEEM TO BE A LOT OF THEM THE MORE THESE FANATICS SPOUT, HOW CAN ANYONE TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY ON AN INTELLECTUAL LEVEL? MUST SAY, DID FIND SOME OF THE CARTOONS QUITE IMMATURE, WHILST OTHERS WHERE JUST HILARIOUS - PERSONAL FAV, TALIBAN ON-LINE DATING SITE

5:15 PM  
Blogger The Thinker said...

I hope one day soon, Islamists understand that the world they created, is fundamentally unsuitable for the rest of the world. They don't seem to have realized that yet.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home