Thursday, January 20, 2005

C-SPAN2: A.N.S.W.E.R. Chanting

I watching C-SPAN2. The A.N.S.W.E.R. crowd is chanting:

George Bush You Can't Hide
We Charge You With Genocide


Cute. Hear how it rhymes? I don't know what 'genocide' they are talking about. This month is the 60th anniversery of the liberation of Auschwitz. I've been there. That's genocide. Bored with that chant they moved on.

No Justice, No Peace
U.S. Out of the Middle East


Not as good. It's not a true rhyme for one thing. I never liked that formula, 'No Justice, No Peace'. It's basically a threat. "If you don't conform to my definition of justice (which usually means a kind of appeasement), then we won't be peaceful (which means what? a kind of fighting)." I like the reverse chant - No Peace, No Justice. If you won't be peaceful then you don't get justice. Punk. More chanting:

Hey Hey Ho Ho
This Racist War Has Got to Go


Weak. It rhymes but they have to resort to using nonsense words. What is that one about? 'Racist war'? I guess the war in Iraq is now racist because the mixed races of the Allied militaries are attacking the differently mixed races of Iraq. The chanting continues:

Racist Sexist Anti-Gay
Bush Cheney Go Away


I guess Cheney's daughter doesn't count. I guess Rice and Gonzales don't count. Whatever. Oh shit. Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) wants to join the crowd A.N.S.W.E.R. Stalinists but she can't quite make it yet. More chanting:

Occupation is a Crime
From Iraq to Palestine


Then the self-delusion is revealed. The speaker actually believes that the Bush Administration is avoiding the crowd because he is worried about them. Dude, no one cares. No one in the goverment cares. No one attending the parties and balls and meetings cares. You don't fucking count. Now go back to chanting.

No Blood For Oil
U.S. Off Iraqi Soil


I've had enough. I think I'll relax by sticking a fork in my eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home